Tenneco, Inc. has recently acquired Federal Mogul. The strategic combination of Tenneco’s Ride Performance business with Federal-Mogul’s Motorparts business will establish a global aftermarket leader with an impressive portfolio of some of the strongest brands in the aftermarket including Monroe®, Walker®, Wagner®, Champion®, Fel-Pro® and MOOG®. The company’s broader aftermarket product coverage, stronger distribution channels, and enhanced channel development will strengthen its position in established and high growth markets (China and India), and drive success through new mobility models and capturing evolving e-commerce opportunities.
We are looking for a Plant Controller. This is A critical member of the plant management team, directing plant accounting practices, supervising all accounting functions related to the preparation of financial statements, business planning, budgeting, expense control, analyzing and making recommendations regarding profitability of the business, while interfacing with shared services, business unit management, and corporate accounting.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Acts as a financial advisor to plant management providing financial reports, analysis and planning, budget control, accounting methods and profit/loss reporting.
- Analyzes and reports financials to business group management monthly, quarterly, annually.
- Designs and implements sound internal controls that will ensure the safeguarding of company assets in a cost-effective manner.
- Prepares various statistical reports, as required by plant management to assist with business decisions and development.
- Takes initiative to search for and recommend changes and improvements to systems and productivity measures.
- Establishes and implements as required policies and procedures following accepted US GAAP and Tenneco/DRiV concepts and standards.
- Performs other projects and duties as required as a key member of the plant management team.
- Responsible for local GAAP reporting as needed.
- Responsible for budget, forecasts and flash reporting and analysis as directed by group management.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or related field required. CPA/CMA/MBA preferred.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 7 to 10 years of experience in financial management in a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced level of knowledge and understanding of financial and accounting principles to successfully fulfill the responsibilities outlined in the job description, including U.S. GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Internal Controls, cost and general accounting.
- Knowledge and experience with financial systems a must.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) in the English language required, with the ability to communicate with and present to all levels in the organization.
- Strong business and financial acumen; in-depth understanding of the business.
- Ability to analyze problems, exercise judgement, make sound objective decisions, and implement solutions at both a strategic and functional level.Leadership; a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others